The Faculty’s international presence takes many forms. Our faculty, students and staff spearhead more than 100 global health initiatives that include capacity building, education and research sectors. We promote international cooperation in health research to encourage, facilitate and coordinate the development of international activities and projects initiated by Faculty members, academic units or by the Faculty of Medicine.
We maintain international partnerships through research collaboration such as graduate student, post-Doctoral Fellows and faculty member exchanges, as well as capacity building, student exchange and clinical service.
What We Do
- Plan, establish and facilitate international cooperation in health research projects initiated either at the U of T or internationally
- Create opportunities of collaboration with our international partners
- Grow existing international cooperation projects
- Advise interested parties on international collaboration agreements
- Liaise with UofT's Office of the Vice President, International and international relations offices in various institutions and agencies around the world.
International Strategic Research Foci
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa
- Europe: France, Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, U.K.
- Asia: China, India, Japan, Singapore
- Pacific Region: Australia
- South America: Brazil
Information for Research Delegations
- Request for Visit form (DOC)
Information for International Medical Students
If you are a medical student outside Canada and hope to take an elective at the University of Toronto, our MD Program has a Visiting Electives Program. Complete details about this program are available via the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada.
Faculty of Medicine International Relations
Faculty of Medicine, Office of the Vice Dean, Partnerships
1 King's College Circle, Medical Sciences Building, Room 2113
Toronto, ON. M5S 1A8
Meera Rai, Senior Partnerships Advisor
- Office of the Vice President International, U of T
- This is U of T
- International Student Centre, U of T
- Safety Abroad Office, U of T
- Safety Abroad Travel Guide, U of T
- Faculty of Medicine's Global Health Roadmap (PDF)