Office of Inclusion and Diversity
About Our Office
The Office of Inclusion and Diversity (OID) is part of the Office of the Dean at the University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine. The mandate of the OID is to support the Faculty’s commitment to lead in the area of equity, inclusion and diversity, and to create and promote innovative and accountable diversity and equity related programming in collaboration with other members of the Faculty of Medicine community as well as external partners, which include the Toronto Academic Health Sciences Network (TAHSN) and community organizations.
The Faculty of Medicine’s 2018-2023 Academic Strategic Plan names “Excellence through Equity” as one of the three Strategic Domains of Focus. The OID is committed to working in collaboration with all departments across the Faculty of Medicine to achieve this focus and carry out the OID mandate, which includes the following initiatives:
- Design programs and policies that support and promote an inclusive learning and working environment at the Faculty of Medicine
- Provide advice, guidance, and support on issues of equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and human rights on an as-needed basis to all members of the Faculty of Medicine community
- Advise and collaborate with Faculty of Medicine learners, staff and faculty members on the implementation of equity and diversity priorities for the Faculty of Medicine in the areas of admissions, recruitment, curriculum education, and retention
- Create ongoing opportunities to collaborate within and across other faculties at U of T on matters of diversity, inclusion and equity
- Coordinate and chair the Faculty of Medicine’s Diversity Advisory Council, a committee dedicated to implementing and moving forward the Faculty of Medicine’s priority initiatives in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion
Interested in collaborating on an equity event or initiative, looking for guidance and support on EDI issues, or want to request an equity workshop for Faculty of Medicine learners, staff or faculty members? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate Dean, Inclusion and Diversity, Professor Lisa Robinson
- Diversity Strategist, Office of Inclusion and Diversity, Anita Balakrishna
- Program Coordinator, Office of Inclusion and Diversity, Shannon Giannitsopoulou
- Research and Methodology Lead, “Voices of the…” Survey Project, Glenys Babcock
- Administrative Assistant, Office of Inclusion and Diversity, Christina Stevancec