Office of Inclusion and Diversity
OID Statement of Solidarity: Resisting Anti-Blackness
Dear Faculty of Medicine community,
We want to express our solidarity with Black communities and recognize the collective pain and anger that is being felt in the wake of recent events. Our Office's Statement of Solidarity: https://medicine.utoronto.ca/oid-statement-solidarity-resisting-anti-blackness
Message on COVID-19, Allyship and EDI Supports
The Faculty of Medicine's Office of Inclusion and Diversity (OID) has an important message on COVID-19 and equity-related issues, including anti-East Asian racism and allyship.
Please check out the message and share widely: https://medicine.utoronto.ca/message-covid-19-allyship-and-edi-supports
What We Do
The Office of Inclusion and Diversity (OID) supports Faculty of Medicine’s commitment to Excellence through Equity, one of the three Strategic Domains of Focus named in the 2018-2023 Academic Strategic Plan.
Our Office is committed to working collaboratively to achieve the following initiatives:
- Design programs and policies that promote an equitable, inclusive and diverse environment
- Provide guidance and support on EDI and human rights issues
- Advise and collaborate on implementing EDI priorities
Contact us if you:
- Are interested in collaborating on an equity event or initiative, such as a Diversity Dialogue Event
- Would like guidance and support on EDI and human rights issues (e.g. experiences of discrimination/harassment)
- Want to request an equity workshop for Faculty of Medicine learners, staff or faculty members
- Associate Dean, Inclusion and Diversity, Professor Lisa Robinson (she/her pronouns)
- Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, Office of Inclusion and Diversity, Anita Balakrishna (she/her pronouns)
- Program Coordinator, Office of Inclusion and Diversity, Shannon Giannitsopoulou (she/her pronouns)
- Administrative Assistant, Office of Inclusion and Diversity, Christina Stevancec (she/her pronouns)
Interested in collaborating on an equity event or initiative, looking for guidance and support on EDI issues, or want to request an equity workshop for Faculty of Medicine learners, staff or faculty members? Contact us at email@example.com.