The University of Toronto Temerty Faculty of Medicine and our nine fully affiliated hospitals bring together one of the largest communities of health researchers in the world. More than 1,600 principal investigators in 26 academic departments conducted $821 million in research last year. Together, we are leading research innovation to do what can't be done, and improving the health of people and populations around the globe.
The Faculty's Research & Innovation Office works under the direction of the Vice Dean, Research & Innovation to facilitate and coordinate research activities in all areas of the Faculty and affiliated research institutes.
The University's Research Services Office (RSO) assures that research-related policies and procedures meet the needs of our faculty, students and staff.
Services Provided by the OVDRI:
Grants & Funding Information
- Authorize grant applications on behalf of the Dean
- Canada Research Chairs: Organize Faculty adjudications and/or submission of materials for Canada Research Chairs and provincial and federal research and infrastructure programs to the University's Institutional Initiatives office
- Pathway Grant: To address the gap between the Temerty Faculty of Medicine’s Project Grant proposals and CIHR’s limited available funding envelope, the OVDRI has launched a new Pathway Grant This new funding program functions as an internal CIHR bridge grant for top-rated Project Grant proposals from on-campus Temerty Faculty of Medicine applicants:
- "What's New in Research Funding": Updates from a variety of funding agencies distributed electronically through our VDRI mailing list. Click here to join the mailing list
Grant & Program Development
- Writing, editing and grant development assistance for all research proposals to any funding agency
- Grant Writing Workshop & New Faculty Orientation sessions; Conduct annual workshops and seminars for Faculty to assist with the grant application process. We also visit departments to provide grant writing workshops tailored to departmental needs. Please contact email@example.com
- Honours and Awards; Assistance to the Dean and departments in soliciting and coordinating nominations for honours and awards. Please view the full database of honours and awards.
- Division of Comparative Medicine & Microscopy Imaging Laboratory
- Research Funding Synposis; Prepare statistical and analytical report to fulfill local, national and international reporting requirements; and to provide information for faculty planning, including the yearly production of the Synopsis of Research Activities
- Provide the administrative and research infrastructure required by the Faculty of Medicine to operate a research enterprise.
- Support interactions with the Vice Dean with provincial, national, and international organizations
- Guide for new researchers; Provide a continually updated guide for new researchers
- Letters of Support; Prepare letters of support that may be required for career awards or grant applications (scroll down to the section titled "Dean's Letter of Support for Career Awards")
- Research Policy & Ethics Policy; Participate in the development of Research Policy and Ethics Policy for the Faculty
- Advocacy and lobbying activities in support of the research community