From health research and innovation, to serving the Faculty of Medicine community, our alumni are making an impact with their leadership, discoveries and commitment both in Canada and across the globe.
The nomination period for the 2013 awards is now closed. Please stay tuned for more information about the 2014 awards.
We are asking you to help us recognize our alumni and share their achievements with the Faculty of Medicine community. Nominate an alumnus/a today for one of the following awards:
Faculty of Medicine Alumni Volunteer Award
This award recognizes alumni volunteers whose loyalty, dedication and generosity has added substantially to the quality of the Faculty of Medicine experience for students, faculty, staff and alumni. The Alumni Volunteer Award acknowledges the Faculty's volunteers for their contributions of time, energy and expertise.
Nominees must have provided (or be currently providing) outstanding volunteer service to the Faculty of Medicine for a minimum of three years.
Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recognizes Faculty of Medicine graduates whose outstanding career achievements have earned them national or international prominence. These contributions can encompass leadership, research, teaching, clinical care, administration or public service. The recipient will have demonstrated the highest level of professionalism and serves as a role model for current and future health care professionals.
Rising Star Award
Given by the Faculty of Medicine, this award will be presented to an alumnus/a who has graduated in the past 15 years, in recognition of his/her outstanding service to the Faculty, their local medical/healthcare community, or a scientific or academic achievement. The nominee can receive this award for one specific achievement or for a body of work.
Eligibility and criteria
- Individuals who hold a degree or certificate from the Faculty of Medicine are eligible for consideration (including former residents and fellows).
- Nominations may be submitted by any individual, independently or on behalf of a group or institution.
- Nominees can only nominated for one award
- Nominators can only coordinate one nomination per year
Please be sure to include with your submission:
- A letter of nomination (approx. 250 words) highlighting the nominee's achievements, and explaining why the nominee should receive the award.
- A complete and current copy of the nominee's curriculum vitae
- An additional letter of support from an individual familiar with the nominee's work (this person is different from the nominator)
Optional: Supporting documents (maximum 2) that convey the importance of the nominee’s work. These can include notices and reviews, sample publications, media coverage, abstracts, etc.
Please note that nominations will be kept on file for three years for future consideration.
If you would like to submit a hardcopy nomination, please contact Morgan Tilley, Alumni Relations Coordinator at email@example.com or at (416) 978-3588.
Nominations for the 2013 awards is now closed. Please stay tuned for more information about the 2014 awards.