Microscopy Imaging Laboratory
Equipment & Services
The Microscopy Imaging Laboratory (MIL) is a core imaging service in the Faculty of Medicine providing electron microscopy and fluorescence microscopy imaging capabilities to students and scientists in basic, medical and industrial research. The MIL maintains a complete lab for the preparation of TEM and SEM samples including fixation, resin embedding, thin sectioning, critical point drying and gold sputter coating. The thin sectioning lab is equipped with an RMC MT7000 and two Reichert Ultracut E ultra-microtomes.A server/workstation lab is equipped with BitPlane, AutoQuant and Zen image analysis software. Operation of the unit is on a fee for service basis. Users can take advantage of full service (all work carried out by staff in the unit) or may be trained to use the equipment themselves on an hourly or annual contract fee basis. For more information, please visit our Contact page.
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- The present Hitachi H-7000 TEM will be replaced with the newly purchased 120 KV Cryo Ready TEM. Please be advised that during the transition and installation it is anticipated that the TEM will be out of service between January 1, 2018 - March 14, 2018. Updates will be posted here.
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- LSM 880 Elyra Super-resolution Confocal
- Spinning Disk Confocal
- Apotome Live Cell System
- AxioScan Slide Scanner
- LSM 510 Confocal
- IHC Fluorescence Axio Scope A1
Microscopy Imaging Laboratory Rates
MIL User Information forms
Users can cancel time slots up to 1 hour before scheduled usage. There will be an administrative charge of the instrument rate per hour booked if your slot is not used and not cancelled within 1 hour.
Medical Sciences Building, Room 1239
1 King's College Circle, Room 1239
Toronto, ON M5S 1A8