UofTMed Student Showcase
The Office of Advancement is looking for Faculty of Medicine students and trainees (undergraduate, PhD candidates, Masters’, Fellows, and Residents) with innovative projects that can be turned into interactive exhibits and showcased to our valued donors at the annual UofTMed Student Showcase, to be held on April 1, 2020 from 6 to 8 pm at the Hart House.
Exhibitors have the chance to win a $750 prize and will be awarded a private lunch with the Dean of Medicine. Two runners-up will be selected to each win a prize of $200. Please review the criteria below to determine your eligibility.
Please review this write up of last year’s event for a description of the previous exhibits: https://medicine.utoronto.ca/news/glimpse-future-medicine-uoftmed-student-showcase
Please fill out the form below to be considered as a potential exhibitor. The application deadline is 5 p.m. on January 10, 2020.
Please note that a maximum of 2 exhibits will be selected per Department, Institute, Centre, or Program (ex. Translational Research Program)
- Only current students and trainees (undergraduate, PhD, Masters', Fellows, Residents) with the Faculty of Medicine are eligible for consideration
- Preference will be given to those who did not participate in 2019, and if previous participants would like to apply again with a new project, they are encouraged to do so.
- Exhibits must provide an opportunity for attendees to interact hands-on with the exhibit. Videos or slideshow presentations will not be accepted as the sole interactive component of the exhibit.
- Exhibit must be able to be made easily understandable to someone without a medical background
- Shortlisted candidates must pitch their exhibit in person in late-January/early-February. Exhibit presentations will be no longer than 3 minutes long. The individual who pitches the project at this meeting MUST also be present at the event on April 1, 2019. Preferably any group member who would be assisting or showcasing the project at the event (if the project is accepted) should be present at the pitch meeting.
- There is a maximum of 3 presenters allowed per exhibit.
Successful UofTMed Student Showcase exhibitors are required to:
- Attend a briefing meeting prior to the event.
- Develop an interactive exhibit and let the Advancement Office know of any supplies you will need provided (if applicable) by February 28, 2020
- Present your work to guests at the event in language that is not overly technical.
- Act as an ambassador for the Faculty of Medicine and the University of Toronto.
- NOTE: Exhibitors may be invited to present their interactive exhibit again at Alumni Reunion 2020 (this is not mandatory).
Questions? Please contact Lola Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org