Restoring Body Image after Cancer: A Group Intervention to Address Cancer-Related Body Image Concerns
Oct 19, 2018
This one-day workshop will introduce a well-developed psychosocial group intervention – Restoring body Image after Breast Cancer (ReBIC) - which incorporates guided imagery exercises and psychotherapeutic techniques to help cancer patients confront and work through the issues with their body image related distress.
- To present literature and conceptual model on body image.
- To introduce evidence-based multi-modal group intervention (ReBIC) and its intervention manual.
- To provide participants with interventiontechniques, including the guided imageryexercises and psychoeducation materials.
- To discuss the clinical application of the intervention using case studies, video tapes of segments from groups.
- Dr. Mary Jane Esplen, Professor, Clinician & Scientist Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Executive Director, de Souza Institute
- Dr. Lianne Trachtenberg, Psychologist (Supervised Practice), Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto,and de Souza Institute
The cost of this workshop is $299.00