Diversity Dialogue Series: Accessibility, Action and Inclusion
In honour of International Day of Persons with Disabilities, the U of T Faculty of Medicine's Office of Inclusion and Diversity, in partnership with the International Centre for Disability and Rehabilitation and Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is hosting a panel event to discuss creating accessible spaces in health services, education and sciences.
Panelists will include:
- Meenu Sikand, Executive Lead – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
- Mahadeo A. Sukhai, Head of Research and Chief Accessibility Officer, Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Sarah Collinge, Occupational Therapist
- Andrew Gurza, Disability Awareness Consultant
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided. This event is open to all Faculty of Medicine learners, staff and faculty, external partners, which include the Toronto Academic Health Sciences Network (TAHSN) and community organizations, as well as the wider U of T community.
Medical learners will gain knowledge that builds on the CanMEDS role of Health Advocate by gaining a deeper understanding of challenges faced by individuals with disabilities.