Department of Family & Community Medicine Graduate Programs Information Webinar
Are you thinking of advancing your academic career?
Join us for a free webinar and learn more about three exciting professional degree programs designed for practicing health care professionals:
• MPH (FCM): Master of Public Health in Family and Community Medicine
• MScCH (FCM): Master of Science in Community Health in Family and Community Medicine
• MScCH (HPTE): Master of Science in Community Health in Health Practitioner Teacher Education
Offered by the Department of Family and Community Medicine in collaboration with the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto, our programs allow you to focus your work on the interface between primary care and public health, academic family medicine or education in the health professions.
Each program is designed to help you expand your knowledge of the field and provide opportunities for practical application. The knowledge, skills and attitudes developed in these programs have helped many faculty advance their careers and obtain senior hospital or university appointments.
Program participants come from different health disciplines and from many parts of the world, providing a unique and stimulating venue for learning and collaborating and the opportunity to develop rich professional networks.
Special features of these programs include:
- A flexible part time option for busy professionals
- An emphasis on practical application of skills and strategies
- Courses taught by health professionals for health professionals
- A fieldwork practicum that allows for experiential learning and reinforces the theoretical principles learned in many of the courses
- No thesis or comprehensive exam requirement