Group on Business Affairs
Mandate and Objectives:
- To support the mission and goals of the Faculty of Medicine and University of Toronto.
- To provide a forum for effective communication and information-sharing on business issues among the GBA Members of the Faculty of Medicine.
- To facilitate the development and strengthening of business networks and relationships within the GBA, Faculty of Medicine and the broader University community.
- To provide the impetus and organization for implementing change improvements in the faculty’s business and administrative processes.
- To support and advocate for the needs of Business Officers in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities, providing a forum for solving and addressing common problems and concerns.
- To review the administrative implications of Faculty and University proposals, providing advice, commentary, recommendations and raising new issues.
- To review and make recommendations on current issues and bring forward new issues.
Membership shall, in most cases, consist of the senior administrator (or delegate) from each of the Faculty’s departments or units. In some cases, the senior administrator may request an additional staff member to join the GBA membership. Membership also includes the Senior Officers of the Faculty of Medicine and members of their staff.
All GBA members may attend GBA meetings and participate fully in GBA activities. All GBA members may invite staff from their units to attend meetings for which the agenda is relevant and appropriate to their work. A complete and up to date list of all GBA members shall be maintained by the GBA Chair
Chris joined the Department of Paediatrics at The Hospital for Sick Children in November 2016 as the Director of Strategy, Finance and Administration. Chris serves as the strategic administrative, financial and operational partner to the Chair, Department of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto and Paediatrician-in-Chief at SickKids, and is the chief financial steward for the Department of Paediatrics. Chris is responsible for the overall management of the department’s Alternate Funding Plan and also champions a collaborative, participative planning process for the Department of Paediatrics and the University of Toronto including a comprehensive communication system to ensure that all stakeholders have the opportunity for appropriate involvement in and information pertaining to strategic directions.
Jeremy joined the Faculty of Medicine in February 2017 as the Manager, Research Administration & Operations in the Office of the Vice Dean, Research & Innovation. In this role, Jeremy leads the strategic development and efficient & accountable administration of the OVDRI portfolio’s resources, including: budgetary oversight, grant proposal development, CRC and CFI allocations, the Faculty’s core research service units, compliance with institutional & governmental research policies, tracking & reporting of research metrics, coordination of Faculty-wide research events, and alignment with the institutional strategic research plan.
2003 and forward
- Chris Carew & Jeremy Knight (2017-present)
- Wendy Kubasik (2015-2017)
- Evan Donahue (2014-2015)
- Nancy Fortin & Katrina Soh (2012-2014)
- Paula Smellie & Heather Droulliard (2010 – 2012)
- Wendy Kubasik (2008 – 2010)
- Wendy Kubasik & Paula Smellie (2006 – 2008)
- Horatio Bot (2003 – 2006)
Prior to 2003
- Connie Drummond
- Maureen Todd
- Ursula Cattelan