Research proposal writing, editing and developing
The Vice Dean, Research and Innovation Office provides a grant editing service to on-campus Faculty of Medicine researchers. The Office prioritizes CIHR/NSERC grants for editorial review, but will review other types of proposals on an ad hoc basis during off-peak times of the year. Hospital-based off-campus investigators should explore grant writing support options made available to them by their hospitals. In addition, our office can provide off-campus investigators with freelance editorial contacts.
The Faculty of Medicine strongly encourages investigators to take advantage of this service.
Daniel Harney, PhD
Grants and Awards Editor
email@example.com (416) 978-3488
What Do We Do?
- Provide writing and editing support for all grant proposals to any funding agency, from single-investigator to major multi-researcher pan-institutional applications
- Ensure applications clearly demonstrate the IMPACT of the research
- Reorganize for most effective content and structure
- Clarify meaning, polish language, improve readability
- Correct grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation
- Ensure proposals adhere to agency formatting guidelines
What Are Our Goals?
- Improve grant success and INCREASE FUNDING for researchers. Grants we edit are more apt to be funded than those not edited (41% success rate on edited grants vs. 27% overall Faculty of Medicine success rate for the last CIHR OOGP)
- Enable researchers to apply for more funding with better prepared materials
How Long Does Editing Take?
- About a day to edit a 10-page grant but can take longer depending on level of input
- Edited proposals returned with as speedy turn-around time as possible – in time for the researcher to review editorial suggestions prior to agency deadline
What Don't We Do?
- Arrange scientific peer reviews - conducted through departments or divisions
- Verify budgets
- Edit references
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you would like to take advantage of the grant development service.