- Deliver exceptional education programs that prepare students for the future of medicine and to serve their patients and communities.
- Provide graduate education that prepares students to excel in a constantly evolving global environment and workforce.
- Ensure that our students, faculty and staff reflect the diversity of our community.
- Develop new dual degree programs for health professions students and strengthen our clinician scientist programs.
- Support collaborative research networks involving the Faculty of Medicine and one or more of our partner hospitals.
- Refresh and renew discovery-based research and enhance its integration with clinical and rehabilitation sciences.
- Attract and retain the best faculty, staff and graduate students from across Canada and around the world.
- Promote entrepreneurship and commercialization for students and faculty.
- Leverage our location to increase collaboration across the entire University and the Greater Toronto Area health care sector.
- Capitalize on our location to position the Faculty as a leading destination for researchers, educators and learners.
- Strengthen and sustain national and international partnerships in areas of strategic importance.
- Advocate for patients, families and the communities we serve by translating knowledge on health, well-being and illness prevention.