Ensuring the health and well-being of our students, faculty and staff is our top priority. This page will provide you with the latest information about our ongoing efforts to address asbestos concerns in the Medical Sciences Building. A list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is available that will answer many of your questions. Should you have any questions or concerns not addressed by the information contained here, please contact Facilities Management and Space Planning.
- March 8, 2017
- March 9, 2017
- March 14, 2017
- March 17, 2017
- March 20, 2017
- March 22, 2017
- March 23, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- March 30, 2017 (from co-chairs of Faculty of Medicine's Joint Health and Safety Committee)
- March 31, 2017
- April 5, 2017
- MedEmail Message - April 5, 2017
- April 7, 2017
- April 13, 2017
(If you require an alternative version of the above messages please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Resources and Reports
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Asbestos – St. George Campus
- Ministry of Labour Reports - site visit reports are available on the EHS website.
- U of T Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) - EHS ensures that labs operate safely and provides a range of services to ensure the health and safety of students and employees.
- Testing Results - All reports related to ongoing asbestos and air quality testing in MSB are being posted by the University’s Environmental Health & Safety office on Portal. Access is available by emailing your UTORID to email@example.com, with Access request re: MSB reports portal in the subject line. Upon submission of your UTORID you will be granted access, on average, within one business day. Please note, you WILL NOT receive any notification that you have access to the reports. After you have submitted your UTORID, within one business day, please log into the portal and click on “My Page.” There you should see “MSB Reports” under the folder called “Organizations in which you are participating.”
- Health Canada Health Risks of Asbestos - Learn about asbestos and how to properly handle a potential asbestos problem.
- Ontario Ministry of Labour Asbestos FAQs - This resource has been prepared to help the workplace parties understand some of their obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and regulations.
MSB Major Renovation Updates
The Faculty of Medicine provides weekly updates on the status of renovation work in the Medical Sciences Building. If you would like to receive these emails please subscribe here.